Monday, August 8, 2011

Evening at Hosmer



Made an evening trip to Hosmer last night. It's August and I wasn't expecting much, I just needed to get out of the house. However, it turned into one of the most fun evenings I've had on the water this year. I put in at 6:00 and headed straight to the channel. The usual assortment of stillwater bugs were present; damsels, callibaetis, midges, and sedges. After goofing around with various flies and presentations I figured out what the fish wanted and proceeded to get strike after strike. Lets just say the closer to dark it got, the sillier the fishing was. Atlantics made up the bulk of the catch, but a couple of nice brookies found their way onto the end of my line as well. Canoe and kayak traffic was minimal for this time of the year. The quiet water and amazing sunset on the mountains made for a really neat evening. Highly recommended!