I've been on the river a lot lately. Floated Trout Creek to Harpham Friday through Sunday and did Warm Springs to Trout Creek on Monday. I had some excellent company and the trout fishing was surprisingly good for August. Most anglers are starting to focus their efforts on steelhead, leaving miles of empty trout water. Although the dry fly fishing has been almost non-existent, the nymph fishing has been producing some very nice fish. Small flies in sizes 18-20 have been the ticket lately.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Trout Report
I've been on the river a lot lately. Floated Trout Creek to Harpham Friday through Sunday and did Warm Springs to Trout Creek on Monday. I had some excellent company and the trout fishing was surprisingly good for August. Most anglers are starting to focus their efforts on steelhead, leaving miles of empty trout water. Although the dry fly fishing has been almost non-existent, the nymph fishing has been producing some very nice fish. Small flies in sizes 18-20 have been the ticket lately.