Sometimes you gotta know when to hold'em, and when to fold'em, especially Mother Nature brings on the light show. I finally had a chance to bring the (new to me) float tube out for a test spin, but being in the middle of a lake holding a graphite lighting rod seemed like a decision that would have gotten me nominated for a Darwin Award. I waited the heavy part of the storm out and saw some amazing views of the downpour from the far campground. Once it was over, back to work/play. Andrew from the shop sent me out with an well selected arsenal of callibaetis patterns that were all gold, I barely had a chance to pick up the camera from then on. I also noticed many little white butterflies throughout the whole area with some making their way to the waters surface peaking the interests of the fish. Wrapping up the day as dusk approached I headed back up to Bend, however Mother Nature was not finished yet. I was treated to a light show all the way home with the finale coming as I submitted Pilot Butte for the 360 degree view. What a day!







