Friday, June 1, 2012

Craziness from Warm Springs to Trout Creek

When we rolled up to the boat ramp at Warm Springs and there were already 30+ empty trailers, I thought that I might have a bit of a bummer day fishing with Craig & Tamara, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised at how good the action turned out to be.

We stayed righteous all day with dry flies and got our best action on a purple variation of the Chubby Chernobyl.  Worked a bit with Tamara's cast and just put Craig where the fish were supposed to be all day long and the outcome was effective to say the least.  Craig saw good action all day long under overhanging trees and in spots with basketball-sized boulders lining the river bottom.



The day looked like it was going to be a hot one, but luckily we got some overcast by mid-day and even a bit of a rain squall toward the end of the day.  It was a fun day fishing and laughing with Craig & Tamara, and one I hope to repeat in the future.