Jeld-Wen was back for another round of fishing fun on the Lower Deschutes today, and I was lucky enough to guide 3 Coloradans from Summit County, no less, from Warm Springs to Trout Creek. It was fun to play the name game with John, Steven and Karen, as they are from the county where I moved from to Oregon recently.
Aside from good conversation and comparing the fruits of Deschutes County to those of Summit County, we had some good fishing, especially in the afternoon. We stuck with the traditional Chubby-Pickle combo and had good action on both offerings. Especially down near the Hawaiian Islands, we saw great action under the trees on our dry, Chubby Chernobyl in purple.
Although I only caught Steven with tight lines, everyone had a few opportunities to hook some of the Deschutes River Redsides this fine Saturday, and even without the action, it was a beautiful day on the water. The food that Glenn prepared for us for lunch was incredible as always, the beers were cold, and the good times were rollin'!