Saturday, June 11, 2011

Green Drakes are showing

I fished the Met on Thurs afternoon. I arrived a bit "late", around 3:30pm. The bugs were already showing and the river was fairly crowded, especially around the 99 bridge. I scrambled to find an area that would see good numbers of drakes, but settled on one spot that fish were popping. The casts were tough and the drifts, nearly impossible. A couple refusals and one fish hooked was all a buddy and I could muster. The bugs were done by around 5pm, so it was a quick shot for sure. If you plan on going, get there by 2pm, find some good water and things should start happening by around 3pm or so. If you don't see any bugs by 4pm, it just may be in the cards. Usually, by 5pm things are pretty much done. This is a fun hatch, but can be hard to hit just right. Have a few patterns at the ready, there is not much time when it's going off!